Saturday, November 14, 2015

Cavalock and The Ancient Curry Bloodlust

Guess what, now you can chalk up two a couple more 'contraband' goodies across the border to savour. Yah, I realise they been there for ages and just about everyone already knows about them but since the press is all about hipsters heading up north for vapers, I figured it's time to enjoy that other forbidden delicacy, good ol' blood!


Oh geez, the last time I had me some pig's blood was when I was a kid living in the old family home. Then one day my aunt told me the authorities banned it and that was it. Decades later I'm here in Penang at the famous Tua Pui Curry Mee (23, Lebuh Kimberley, George Town), somewhere between that sweet spot between breakfast and lunch, eyeing a bowl of curry mee. Smooth silky texture not unlike sweet freckin' tofu. Someone remind me again why we can't have this here.


And now this. Duck eggs!!! What I found out during my Penang escapade was that everything tastes better with duck eggs. One more time, will someone please tell me why we can't do this here? Oh, is it cos of some outdated health regulations thingy?


No comments: