Monday, July 20, 2020

Cavalock and The All-Tokyo Flashback Post

From visiting the new Tokyo Starbucks Reserve Roastery to hand-carrying a freshly baked apple pie home from Japan, it's certainly fun to look back at last July's trip to Japan. And since we definitely won't be leaving the country anytime soon, I figured a little look back might be a way to beat the stay-at-home blues. Gawd knows I still got a whole buncha pix that I haven't posted from that trip. Hah!  


I remember this drink. The first beer of the day as well as the trip. Nothing like a little lunchtime buzz to into the holiday mood. Ah, the Tokyo Starbucks Reserve Roastery is definitely one of those places that I might very well visit again if given the opportunity. It's a nice neighbourhood and I will always want to drop by the Traveler's Notebook flagship store around the corner. 









Some of the things the Baker-at-Home and myself have been doing to quell the wanderlust is to watch the Japanese cable channel WakuWaku as well as other food and travel shows like Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix. We really prefer shows on WakuWaku where it's just the hosts and guests exploring neighbourhoods in Tokyo or parts of Hokkaido. The Baker-at-Home would be making mental notes of where to visit next time while I would be squinting at the subtitles. Meanwhile here are just more random pix from July 2019 of the old normal where travelling and enjoying ourselves in a foreign land was almost second nature to us. 








No comments: