Sunday, November 02, 2008

'What would Oprah do?'

Well, after 3 great sandwich meals, knew there had to be a bad one round the corner somewhere. That dubious honour goes to O’brien’s Irish Sandwich Bar. Gawd, the chicken and bacon triple-decker sandwich was just plain bad, very little meat and tasteless. And it was like over S$9, almost S$10 for that kinda monkey crap! That’s like, almost twice the price for a good sandwich at you-know-where! My colleague said the reason why it was so expensive was cos they had to pay the ang-moh who was serving behind the counter. Hah!

Was also at Ikea on Saturday. Is it just me or does the café coffee taste bad too? I know they used to serve Suzuki Coffee (or was it UCC?) cos I remember seeing them fill up the coffee machine with a Japanese brand a couple years ago. Think its some nameless brand now? 

Did some NTUC supermarketing too. Wanted to boil some edamame again but saw their frozen packs were from China and I figured maybe not just yet! The edamame at Cold Storage is pretty expensive, over S$6 for a 400g frozen pack but it’s from Japan. What would Oprah do?

Recruited some new models at S$25 for 4, for the latest Ladies' Drinks photo shoot. Here's one of them.

5 comments:

dilutedmagnetics said...

An O'Brien outlet opened at the Biopolis. I was tempted to stop by there for lunch the whole of last week. I guess I'll pass after reading your post. Hahahaha...

But honestly, I haven't had a bad sandwich experience with them before? Maybe you didn't smile at your sandwich maker person? :)

red fir said...

cavalock: Try Toast. I always love their sandwiches and wraps.

diva: Now I'm beginning to think anywhere at the Biopolis is dubious lol. Food's scary around there...

Cavalock said...

lunch: do try O'brien's n let us know!!! heh

ice: yah, been to Toast at Raffles Place, good sandwiches. Is the their outlet at Taka still around?

red fir said...

I'm not sure about the Taka outlet. I guess so, why shouldn't it be? Wraps are good!

dilutedmagnetics said...

The Biopolis folks eat at Holland Village and Ghim Moh mostly... and the Fusionopolis folks eat at the Biopolis! The logistics of lunch at the Fusionopolis is just so bleak that people just give up and take the shuttle bus to the Biopolis anyway.

I'll try out the O'Brien's to see if it's any good :)