Sunday, November 23, 2008

'I call it the jelly-pork-and-shark-meat dish'

Finally! Got my hands on a memory card reader for the little phone memory card, now I can post pix that I snap when I'm carrying my camera with me. My phone's a pretty basic Sony model with a simple 2 megapixel camera hence the slightly fuzzy shots.



Saw this on sale at the supermarket. Collegen Water? Are these for real and are they for women? Maybe Dilutedmagnetics can answer this...


This kinda reminds me of the time I was in Japan and I bought this plastic bottle of cold unsweeted green tea from a convenience store. I bought it cos I was thristy (why else?) and the bottle had a 'studded' kinda shape, plus it looked different and interesting. It was only much later that I was told that it's a lady's slimming tea drink.

Here's another 2 megapixel shot of one of my favourite local dish and I don't even know its 'real' name! I used to have it when I was a kid. Nowadays I just call it the jelly-pork-and-shark-meat dish. ...Er...yah, that's basically what it is, I think. You are looking at S$5 worth of it from Jalan Besar Food Centre.

4 comments:

red fir said...

This pork aspic dish contains alot of collagen! It's quite nice, I like it with the plum sauce. Not too scary, just the gelatin forming when you freeze pork trotters. =)

Hehe what a collagen-filled post!

Cavalock said...

wow, never knew that was collagen. Oh well, I only have it like once in a couple of months.

the arts and crafts experiment said...

you ate shark?!!! >:<

Cavalock said...

well, someone told it was shark but i don't think so, its too cheap. heh