Thursday, August 09, 2018

Cavalock and The Ultimate Gashapon Paradox

So the weather reports coming from Tokyo today seems to indicate that it's raining pretty heavy now over there and there's a typhoon headed their way. Hope everyone stays safe. Well, anyway we heard about this famous Michelin star ramen joint Afuri for awhile now. Wasn't actually planning to look for it while in Tokyo but we stumbled across an Afuri counter outlet at the basement of Lumine 1 at Shinjuku. Immediately made a mental note to have dinner there the next day.


It's one of them ticket-vending ramen joints where you better be quick to make your selection otherwise the folks behind you are gonna be breathing down your neck. Nah, I'm just kidding. This is Tokyo, no one's that rude unless he or she is a tourist from you-know-where.


A couple of things Afuri is famous for is their chicken broth and their addition of yuzu peel in your ramen. That's what really stole the show for me. I went for the roasted pork instead of the sous vide chicken. It's good but I definitely look forward to trying it again one day with the chicken.



Are you ready for the ultimate paradox?!? I give you the Gashapon within a Gashapon within a Gashapon within a ... well, you get the idea. In other words, it's the capsule toy where you'll find another capsule toy machine where you'll find more capsule toy machines! No, I didn't get it cos I couldn't wrap my mind around it!!! How is such a thing within the space-time continuum possible?!?



No comments: