Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Cavalock and The Return of The Ronin Chef

First I believe was Wasabi Tei at Far East Plaza, then Chikuwa Tei along Mohammed Sultan Road, followed by Mitsuba at Central and now it's Kaiware at Tripleone Somerset. Yup, it seems like the same couple behind the first three Japanese restaurants are now at their new Somerset joint. He's like some wandering ronin chef! Stealthily moving from restaurant to restaurant! In case you are wondering, the sashimi here is just as thick and fresh as always. They also got a different daily special menu, saw it but wasn't impressed by it. I'll just stick to my aka-carte chirashi sushi the next time I'm there.




It took me awhile to figure out what to do for my first post of the year. Now what better way to start a new year than with a calendar? So here's a desk calendar from 1966 that I found in the old family home and guess what, it's still in excellent condition. It's a collection of real big fancy ass houses by developer CDL back in 1966. A rare retro peek into the homes of rich locals and expats.




No comments: