Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cavalock and The Surf n' Turf Experiment


I finally found the opportunity to try out my surf and turf dish, as well as a chance for pork chop redemption. And I did it! My surf and turf was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. :P


The pork chop was way more flavorful than before. I tenderized the meat then marinated it in soy sauce, sake (yes, the same bottle again! It's almost empty now!) and pepper. And when I grilled it, I used butter instead of olive oil. The only thing I felt was missing was some kinda sauce, tasted good but it was a little too dry. So my project is to come up with new sauce, no?

As for the shrimps, I just tossed in some garlic and shallots and sauteed them all in the same pan as the pork chops. Well, I think the overall result was decent enough to at least get me through to another week if I was a contestant on Top Chef or any other cooking reality show.

Yah, so is anyone else out there watching/downloading Top Chef All-Stars? This week is the finals. Am also watching/downloading the other reality food show, America's Next Great Restaurant. That's not bad. Only four episodes out so far.

So last weekend was Earth Hour and we were supposed to go green and save the Earth. It got me thinking, just who am saving the Earth for? Someone said 'the future generation' but everywhere I look, all I see are a bunch of spoilt, rude and ignorant kids. Really, am I going to deny myself things or food that I like, put myself at some inconvenience just so these loudmouthed young punks can enjoy 'something' in the near future? I don't think so.

Ok, enough ranting, back to work. <^;^>

3 comments:

red fir said...

I didn't even bother about Earth Hour. Was at home & lights needed were all switched on.

Cavalock said...

Hah, same here and then I went out for some shark's fin soup too!

red fir said...

lol. We are very earth friendly hahaha.