Saturday, March 13, 2021

Cavalock and The Midweek Artichoke Accomplishment

Yes, we are late to the party and quite possibly the last couple of folks on the island to ever eat a whole artichoke but that's what we finally got to savour at Miznon couple days ago. If you like garlic like I do, you'll like scraping each and every artichoke leaf especially its centre heart. The Baker-at-Home absolutely loved it and finished most of it as I struggled with my massive but satisfying chicken liver pita. Yes, I had me some pastry before heading to Miznon so was a little full when I took me first pita bite. 



Spring cleaning earlier in the week found me some overseas treasures that I had all but forgotten. Check out these cute Snoopy iron-ons I picked up in Tokyo years ago. Hmmm, I don't know I'll ever use them now but they so cute. Gawd knows I'm a huge Snoopy fan since I was a kid.

And just this week, I spotted these on sale over at our local Tokyu Hands. I really had to pry myself away from this new Snoopy and gang display. 



Been way too long since I painted something. Gonna start with the huge Loonshire and it's as big as the giant I painted at the end of last year. When I played the Loonshire in the game, it lets me return my creatures even after they have been killed by my opponent. The challenging part of such a project is always deciding on the colours to use. After all, we are looking at a fantasy genre here, so there is no real rule on how to colour something. Just try to go for something you looks good and that you like. That's kinda the fun of painting for me. End of the day (or week, or month) you get something utterly unique. Definitely looking forward to it. 



No comments: