Monday, July 09, 2018

Cavalock and The Teahouse Theorem

Broke my no-beef "diet" and strolled down to CHIJMES for dessert after a steak dinner. Destination was Hvala, a new Japanese teahouse that I have hastily marched past numerous times after gym and on my way to a lunchtime board game session.


Not a very big place and it was packed right after dinner. Nice little zen deco and we sat at the bar counter and enjoyed one of the best black sesame cake the Baker-At-Home ever had. Always a joy to sit at the counter at Japanese joints and marvel at the intrinsic handiwork unfolding before us. Not a big fan of the zen-like seating layout. Much prefer a counter seat.


I must be one of the few living souls on this island that has absolutely zero interest in the World Cup. The last time I was into soccer was about a decade ago and that was only cos I was betting like crazy every weekend. One of my earlier posts did talk bout that. Was never ever interested in sports unless I was taking part of it.

I can only be interested in any competitive event if I'm actually playing it and that's something I could never get enough of. I mean playing games. I am definitely not competitive. But pitting your wits against other folks, whether its just betting against the odds or playing board games or miniature war games, it's something I really like. Something to show for after hours and hours of painting.



A friend passed me his new Kickstarter set Giant Killer Robots last month and we had a blast playing it. It's a huge game! Giant heavy box with big miniatures. Cool gameplay where we are piloting mechs and shooting each other in a city landscape map.



Oh and last month, the old family home was featured in a local interior magazine! Hmmm... won't say which mag it is for obvious reasons. Hah!

No comments: