Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cavalock and The Reservoir Birds

Been awhile since I posted some wildlife photos by my 80-year-old Dad. Well, the recent haze, heat wave and drought definitely didn't stop him from wandering all over the island alone. And people wonder why I'm constantly fraught with worry. Here are some he took at the reservoir a couple weeks ago. The first pix below got a pretty good score a little over 90 on his 500px page.


I'm calling these guys the Reservoir Birds cos them birds are in different colours kinda like the cast in that Tarantino movie. Geddit? Come on people! Work with me here!








Now here's something you don't see everyday! Spotted and filmed by my Dad at the Chinese Garden. A kaiju lizard that came up looking for food after the ponds have all dried up during the draught. Check out how the kaiju lizard does its version of 'ayam penyet' but with a giant frog, smashing its bloated body against the tree. Now I tried posting the videos of it swallowing the frog here but that doesn't seem to be happening, pop-up says I can't upload but doesn't say why.






4 comments:

rubbish eat rubbish grow said...

gorgeous photos!

Cavalock said...

Thanks! <^;^>

imp said...

These photos are awesome. Yes, the colors and clarity. But to have captured the 'action'. That feeling of movement in the photos. Okay, I'm a fan of your dad's shots.

Cavalock said...

Thanks imp! I'll try to post more pix next time!