Monday, June 21, 2010

Cavalock and The Hokkaido Fair Paradox

Now I forgot to bring my headphones to the office one day and I'm just nodding off after lunch. That can't be good. Anyway the Hokkaido Fair is back at Isetan Scotts supermarket again and as I kinda expected, there really wasn't anything there that caught my eye. They have like, three or four a year now? I honestly lost count, I know I was at the last one in February.

There isn't a ramen store this time. The beer garden is still there but I gave that a pass.

For lunch, I found myself at the revamped Tonkichi upstairs. They seemed to have more tables for bigger groups now. More stuff on the menu too and a tiny, little sushi bar in the corner near the kitchen. Had my usual shabu set. Difference now are two little extra pieces of tofu I guess. Still one of my favorites so I'm not complaining.

Here's something I wanted to blog for the longest time but just never around to it. Macarons from ET Artisan Sweets. All the way (at least for me) from Holland Grove Road. Unless you have a car, it's pretty hard to get there. As much as I like them, I don't think I got it in me to wax poetic bout them. I'm like the 2,435th person to blog bout them so trust us when we say it's good.

3 comments:

Jer Lin said...

yeah they have a lot of japanese fairs nowadays so they aren't as exciting as they used to be. but i always go for the gelato!
btw the curry bun with cheese from Pullman Bakery at the Hokkaido fair is worth a try (:

red fir said...

I only got gelato & some milk candies, the rest are so predictable. I thought the fair is of a much smaller scale this time though.

You always eat the same stuff at Tonkichi & Ootoya... the same boiled pork hah.

Cavalock said...

stargirl: yup, the cheesy curry bun is good.

ice: on no! i sound so boring! :P