Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cavalock and The Raisin Butter Cookie Reaction


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

So on Christmas Eve morning I finally got my hands on the much talked about Marusei butter sandwiches. I missed the earlier sale a couple of months ago, they were sold out in a flash. This time, there were available on 23rd and Christmas Eve at Takashimaya.


They were S$12 for a box of five, and limited to 3 boxes per person. It's from Rokkatei, a famous confectionery from Hokkaido. The sandwich is made up of a yummy smooth and creamy sweet spread, mixed with equally sweet raisins. And the cookies is light and heavenly too. I'm like having two or three every nite after dinner! <^;^>


Check this out, Christmas ain't over yet but Chinese New Year decos are already on sale at Waterloo Street. I forgot, what animal is front and center next year? BTW, all the pix here were taken via my iPhone with the Snapture application. Thought they turned out pretty good.


2 comments:

red fir said...

Not sure if they have this particular brand of sand, but you can get similar raisin sands at Nippon-ya @ Ion. I think I've seen these there before. Besides Yamakawa Super, Nippon-ya is my the other hangout for Jap goodies.

Cavalock said...

yah, saw the raisin cookie sandwiches at Nippon-ya too but its a completely different brand.

Actually if u look at the pix on the box at Nippon-ya, it looks like their cookie sandwich has much less creamy butter. that is, if the pix is accurate lah.