Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Happy Holidays everybody'

Well, it’s almost the end of the year and a very Merry Xmas to everyone out there. A little Nightmare Before Christmas gashapon here to set the mood. So Happy Holidays everybody!



Ever noticed how people give and receive more candy as Xmas gifts than a kid in the US gets candy on Halloween? Ok, I admit I did give out some candy too but still, it’s just kinda weird to me.

So it's Xmas eve and with the halfday off we got from the office, what did I do? Figured I'll revisit an old friend. Yup, it's time to try making french toast again, on Xmas eve somemore! This time, I had some help from the Domestic Goddess herself. Got the Nigella Express book from Kinokuniya earlier this month. This is a really good book for fast and simple dishes. Saw the receipe for Doughnut French Toast and I thought why not round 2? Bought the stuff I needed after work today. Funny thing was the neighbour upstairs was blasting retro 80s music from some Internet radio station on his PC. Could hear it loud and clear from my kitchen. Ought to thank him or her for keeping me entertained while cooking.








There you go! Sprinke some sugar and it's done, in less than an hour. Taste great too! I actually did 3 slices although the receipe called for only 2. I thought I had enough mixture to soak 3 slices.

6 comments:

red fir said...

Merry Christmas! Can smell your french toast from here! Mmm... :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, dude!

Anonymous said...

French toast ! I use to make this for myself quite often as a student, these days I simply don't have the time to do so anymore.

dilutedmagnetics said...

Merry Christmas Cavalock!

imp said...

your French toast is very Christmassy!!!

have a good one dude!

Cavalock said...

MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY!
<^;^>