Wednesday, September 17, 2008

'The White Wabbit for lunch'

Finally made it to The White Wabbit for lunch with the girls. First time heading there but I have heard bout it. Like that it was once a church, bearng that little piece of info in mind, I told my cab driver to drop me at the first church along Harding Road. Well, that first church turned out to be a real church.

So remember folks, it’s the second chapel up on your left coming up from Harding Road. After a 5-minute walk up the road, I was inside the church. Not as big as I expected it to be. The pulpit is now a bar and the bartender is now dressed like the Pope. Noooo, I’m just kidding … bout the bartender, the pulpit really is the bar.

Anyway, we all ordered from the S$30 set lunch menu. I had the Wardoff chicken salad for my starter and the veal for my main. The salad was just a little too creamy for me but I found the apple strips quite nice. I actually couldn’t tell it was apple at first.


The veal was better than the one I had at next-door PS Café. The mushrooms complemented the veal perfectly. Wasn't too dry either. Lunch wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be. Why was I expecting a bad meal? Cos of the mostly negative reviews that were hopping up all over the Net, I guess. Pity we didn't have time for dessert as we all had to get back to the office by 2.30pm.


Now the other interesting bout lunch were the patrons. Lots of rich folks but the group of tai-tais and expact wives at the table next to us, man o man, I have never seen so much botox in my life. One of the ladies' face was so tight and stretched, I was expecting it to snap back anytime.

2 comments:

dilutedmagnetics said...

Eh... just because you don't need it, doesn't mean you can judge us mah... Er, did I just admit that I use Botox too? LOL!

Cavalock said...

lol...oh, i think i might it too. but really hers look kinda like she overdid or something. it just looked very 'artificial'. ;)