Sunday, April 16, 2006

My Working Soundtrack

Well, a little late but Happy Easter everybody. It's Sunday nite and the work that I brought back to do on Thursday, it's not a lot and I just finished it a minute ago.

Now whenever I'm writing, I gotta have some music with me. One of my all-time favourites has gotta be the soundtrack from Grease. I remember when I was still living with my folks. It's late at nite and I would be in my study/computer room writing with the Grease soundtrack on really loud and I'll be singing to it. It doesn't disturb my folks cos their bedroom is way at the other end of the apartment. I just love Those Magic Changes.

In the office when I got a ton of serious writing to do, it's usually the soundtrack from the action movie The Rock. Strictly instrumental but with a real heavy action beat. Of cos, there are lots of other stuff I listen to, especially with my office's itunes network, I been listening to all kinds of stuff from my colleagues' music collections! I still love the oldies probably cos I grew up in a house filled with uncles and aunts who were music fans. Me mom's a big Elvis fan and my uncles and aunts are into country, rock n' roll and classical (I only like Strauss).

The last CD I bought was by Gwen Stefani. It's nice, plugged-in to some tracks while I was writing in the office. Hey, guess what! I got an excuse to put another of my favourite Tokyo pix cos it's like in her song, Harajuku Girls. Well, here's the real deal that I snapped!

4 comments:

Kay said...

Grease the movie and its songs have been my long time favourite (if u read my profile)..besides BEP...they rockz and fergie's moves...shakes the room!!

The pix has a mixture of "Kiss" "Bob Marley" and "Madonna"...heee

Anyway, a big pat and clap for finishing ur work just in the nick for bedtime..

Just hope u dont get the Blues...

imp said...

oh man!! i love that song!!! i love those groovy Grease songs!! heh. they always put a smile on my face.

Richard said...

For classical I prefer Mozart. But the truth is, that it is rare to find an artist whose complete works you like, usually you have to pick and choose – for example, The Tea Party’s first album (Splendor Solis) was fantastic, but each subsequent album gets less and less appealing. The only artist I think I almost universally enjoy is John Lee Hooker.

Cool picture, kind of scary (in a weird way). Makes you wonder, "What's going on up there?"

Cavalock said...

yah, I luv Grease but I won’t watch the stage musical that’s coming to town. To me, Grease can only be Travolta and Newton-John. heh