Friday, November 04, 2016

Cavalock and The Return of the 3-Layer Tea

I waited more than two long years for this, it felt way longer but I finally got my long cool glass of 3-layer tea in Kuala Lumpur last week. Like I said my previous post, we were there for a weekend of gaming at the Kuala Lumpur Magic: the Gathering Grand Prix but it was nothing more than a thinly disguised makan road trip.


Second day lunch was a decent pork noodles and 3-layer tea so yah, I know I could go into my usual rant of "why can't someone here in Singapore replicate a decent copy" but I won't. Maybe it just gives me an extra reason to visit a place again? Does that make sense?


Meanwhile back home, spotted these two new Tim Tam flavours at Cold Storage although I believe the last time I had a piece of Tim Tam was over a decade ago. Expresso Martini and Pina Colada, I can't possibly begin to imagine how each one tastes like and why in blue blazes does Pina Colada cost more?



Saw this ad in an issue of Food Network Magazine and geez, given my never-ending obsession with (real) cider. I am very very curious to try this if it ever lands here. I might ever lift my ban and disdain of European apple cider for this.


No comments: