Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cavalock and The Pomfret Phenomenon


Here's one of all-time favorite dishes, steamed pomfret. My mom used to prepare it for me when I was a kid and now here's me with my version of it.


Really, it's like one of easiest and tastiest (healthy too!) dishes to prepare when you are home alone. Get a pomfret, rub salt all over it and add some soya sauce maybe bout two teaspoons as well as a teaspoon of onion oil to the mix.


Spread all that all over the fish, give it a couple of cuts across it. Slice some ginger and placed the whole dish in an appropriate sized steamer. Steam it at medium heat for 15 minutes.


There you go, all done! I luv the taste. Might be a little too salty for some but it's just the way I like it.

Lots of neat publications out this week. Cake Pops by Bakerella is on sale here at Kinokuniya for S$38.50, yah I know, Amazon is selling it for only US$12. If you haven't checked out her site yet, go take a look. She makes it all look so easy, was really tempted to try some of them.


Heh, here's one of my recent online hauls on my iPad. The very latest issue of Food Network Magazine. And it is on sale at Kinokuniya too for S$10 I think. I said it wasn't in one of my earlier posts, I was mistaken.


Panini and lots of them, 50 to be exact! There's also a recipe for caramel apple cake that looks really easy. <^;^>


2 comments:

red fir said...

I love Teochew steamed pomfret. Yours is the lazy way haha.

I think ipad will be too distracting for me!

Cavalock said...

Hah, as long as tastes good, i'm ok with lazy. i guess the other method is to add salted veggies? How else would u have done it?