Sunday, October 26, 2008

'Sky high, crazy Yen'

*Whew* what a week. Working my @$$ off in the office. So far the recession is biting me via no freelancers to help out so I'll super busy and the sky high, crazy Yen exchange rate means no Tokyo vacation for me this year.

Yup, looks like this is one year that I won't be visiting Japan. Anyway, here's something that cheered me up on Saturday morning. A big breakfast at the Brukwurst Shop at the basement of Plaza Singapura.

A very, very nice flat white.


My breakfast, part of it. Hehe!


Here's the other part. Ok, I didn't have three pancakes, only two! And I'm still skinny!


7 comments:

M. said...

Yeah, the Yen is crazy -- It shot up by 10 basis points in the less than 1 week I was there! :O

dilutedmagnetics said...

I find that not many Singaporeans like to order flat whites at cafes. I was desperately addicted to it when I was in Australia. Maybe it's because the milk is much more fresh there :)

Cavalock said...

m: wah, must show wat food u brought/bought back!!!

lunch: they served Grinder's coffee, dunno where else serves that. i like lotsa cream in my coffee.

dilutedmagnetics said...

Hey Cavalock!

Thanks for the recommendation about the Pop Cutie DS Game. I just bought it for G last weekend and she really loves it. I think she's running a shop now, but she says she's always shopping in the mall when her shop's open. LOL!

Cavalock said...

That’s great! If her friend has a copy of the game, they can play together too.

red fir said...

cavalock: Hey I just found out Soup Spoon uses Grinder's coffee too! Flat white's about $3+?

Cavalock said...

wow, didn't know that. thanks! <^;^>