Wednesday, October 29, 2008

'I knew I had to stop'

Here’s something strange. I haven’t stepped into Plaza Singapura mall for like, months and months but since last week I been there three times. And all three times, I been eating at BrukFAUST (hah!) shop at the basement. The Grinders Coffee flat white is a must-have! Here’s the bacon and eggs sandwich with BBQ sauce I had for lunch. Will probably try one of their hotdogs next time.


Anyway, checking my budget application in my iTouch and it looks like I waaaay overshot my book/publication budget for the month. Should have known S$30 for a month was just wishful thinking. I blew almost S$60 already and it sure didn’t help with the Kinokuniya sale last weekend. But I still think it’s good to have the budget application cos I know that if I didn’t, I would have blew almost a hundred bucks on a whole bunch of other books, mags and comics that day. I looked at my iTouch and I knew I had to stop.

What else did I overspend? Under the Misc. column, I OD on that too. Same with action figures category. BUT I'm still within the overall month's budget! That's cos I have yet to overspend on my wardrobe, household groceries and gadgets!

4 comments:

red fir said...

Is the food here or coffee...or something else which draws you to PS?

dilutedmagnetics said...

I wish there was a shop like that here. Then I would eat there instead of at Tarbucks. LOL!

Anyway, S$30 on books and publications a month? You've got to be kidding lah. I send more than S$60 on mags alone. Every time I visit PageOne ,I grab about 3-4 magazines, and I go there about twice a month...

Cavalock said...

Ice: Well, there r some new shops there, like the toy model shops on the cinema floor. I don’t watch GV shows cos I don’t like their seats. Comics Connection is another shop I would drop by, just to look see, look see. And there’s of cos Carrefour but I prefer the Suntec one cos its easier to go home from there, when u r full of groceries.

Lunch: yah, S$30 only for books n mags?!? What was I thinking?? Already spent twice that…

red fir said...

aiyo I think I'd better comment here so it's between the 3 of us...shh....if you like ice queen, try to go more often coz erm...she's closing shop, which may explain why her stocks are dwindling.