Friday, November 30, 2018

Cavalock and The Afternoon Tea Delight

You can't just go to London and not spend an afternoon or two having tea. And for tea that afternoon, I finally had my long overdue Victoria Sponge Cake. Nice spread of jam and cream although I wish there was a little more cream. I'm trying to remember if the first time I had it was at the old family home or not. I know Black Forest Cake was a pretty regular treat when I was growing up there, vaguely remember the Victoria Sponge Cake.


Like most tourists, we spent half a day shopping at Fortnum & Mason and of cos, had tea there too. We wanted to try their tea sample tasting thingy on the upper floor but you need to make reservations for that. So off we went to that other tea room they had on the second floor that's kinda weirdly resembles a 1950s Americana diner. Scones, the Baker-at-Home had to have her scones while I was happy with my apple crumble pie.



We bought numerous metal tubes and tins of biscuits and cookies but the star buy has got to be me bottle of Spiced Rum Butter! The joy of waking up in the morning to me toast spread with a boozy layer of spiced rum butter is almost up there with the joy of waking up to a morning ass-rim by a Japanese bidet. Well, if you don't know what I'm talking about then maybe check back again when you older.


2 comments:

imp said...

No I don't think I want to know "The joy of waking up in the morning to me toast spread with a boozy layer of spiced rum butter" because as of now, I sure as hell don't like "the joy of waking up to a morning ass-rim by a Japanese bidet."

Not even in 10 years. AND AHEMMM, AREN'T WE OF SIMILAR AGES?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *keels over in crazy laughter

Cavalock said...

Hahaha! *nervous laughter