Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Cavalock and The Kit-Kat Flavour Appropriation

The highlight of every trip across the border has always been the street food. This latest venture to Kuala Lumpur saw us hunting for Peter's Pork Noodles in Brickfields. It's regarded as one of the best pork noodles in the city. Kinda funny that some of the yummiest pork dishes in the region are found in a country like Malaysia. Anyway the Baker-at-Home did her research and we found ourselves having lunch that Friday afternoon in an old school hawker centre.


Every slurp, every bite. Generous servings of pork and greens. Worth the air ticket to KL for sure. Safe to say, best pork noodles both of us ever had, back home and in Malaysia. I wish there were more innards in my bowl. We just ordered 'the usual'. Wasn't sure there was an option for more innards. And of cos, my fav three-layered tea to wash it all down.




Now this has become kinda like the Tokyo Banana of Malaysia. I'm of cos referring to the Malaysian Kit-Kat flavours folks here are buying back in bulk. The cheap must-buy snack out of Malaysia kinda like Tokyo Banana if you are a first time visitor to Tokyo. Yes, we bought some Malaysian Kit-Kat too, just for the novelty of it all. I ain't no Kit-Kat connoisseur and if it was a blind taste test, I couldn't tell if it was Ice Kacang or not. I mean it tasted alright like all Kit-Kats but if you asked the flavour, I just couldn't say that it was Ice Kacang.



No comments: