Thursday, December 28, 2017

Cavalock and The Post Post Boxing Day Post

Oh gawd, so many amazing Japanese high-balls. Spotted this shelf of pretty cool Japanese booze at our local Don Don Donki. They got an impressive range of Japanese groceries that ought to give Isetan and Meidi-Ya a decent run for their money.




Who knew? If someone had told me at the beginning of the year, I would be totally into these two activities, I would have said they were crazy. Never in a gazillion years did I expect to look forward to heading to the gym and painting miniature figures.

The last time I spent this much time working out was almost 20 years ago. Heh, I'm no stranger to a good workout but I'm ain't as young as back then so nowadays there are some mornings when I'm left a wee bit nauseous after training. It's not the cheapest gym in town and I got a trainer too but it's part of the motivation I guess cos since I'm already paying that much moolah, I'll definitely make it a point to work my ass off.

Plus I get a kick outta giving all the strangers in the gym comic book nicknames. Easy to give names to the ang mos like the Kingpin and Batroc. Hah!


I have written bout my recent foray into Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar miniatures game a few months ago. I had no idea painting those little guys could be so therapeutic and serene. I have painting soooo much I have been neglecting my writing. Yah, my painting skills still suck but I'm enjoying it and that's what it's all about. As long as you are doing the things you enjoy, that's important.



No comments: