Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cavalock and The National Geographic Society Disclosure

*Whew* Been pretty busy over the last couple weeks and picking though the old family home has been one of the 'chores' that had me sweating buckets almost everyday. I really liked these retro Old-Fashioned glasses from Martell. It's from the 1970s, has a nice solid heavy feel, and that crystal blue is just so damn cool. You can almost imagine Don Draper with one in his hand.

Old-Fashioned glass: This glass is a classic for serving spirits neat (without ice) or cocktails poured over ice (on the rocks). The glass is named after the Old-Fashioned cocktail, which is whiskey or Bourbon served over ice with a lemon twist.

Among the other 1970s retro stuff I dug up that's worth mentioning included a (still working) Casio VL-Tone, more fine bone china, a Little League baseball cap that's never been worn and still has the Macy's price tag, and a plaque belonging to my late uncle who spent most of the 1960s to 80s working in the US. Part of me is actually hoping that the National Geographic Society is a cover-up for some crazy freemason society.





So I brought some of the stuff to a flea market a couple Sundays ago along Tanjong Pagar Road. Didn't really managed to sell a lot but it was kinda fun (locals bargain, tourists don't) manning my little table. I definitely have tons to more to sell and I don't mind doing it again once things settle down a bit.


Shout out to my friend Audrey, a local designer who did some really cool cheongsams with the reams and reams of materials and fabrics I found in the old family home. Below are the latest ones using some of my old fabrics and you can check out the rest in my previous post. Her website The Girl's Kaksh is full of gorgeous cheongsams and other dresses. 


No comments: