Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cavalock and The Hunt in Malaysia


Oh wow! I'm finally in front of my MacBook well, that's not entirely true. I been in typing away for a few days now but I'm back blogging.

Long story short, the official version is I took a boat ride to Malaysia to 'hunt' for food and action figures. Had a blast, the food was good, well, some better than others. Did I find the action figures I wanted? Not exactly, the ones a friend spotted in KL weren't there when I got there. I mean, it's a long shot to expect it to still be there but you know, you never can tell. But I did find a couple others that were on my to-buy list. And yes, I am fully aware of how lucky and blessed I am to be able to do stuff like that, as in drop what I'm doing, go places and enjoy myself. I was actually gonna write a little Thanksgiving piece last month but I digress...




First stop was a rainy Penang. Where the food was almost as bad as the weather. Alright, to be fair, I'm not saying all Penang food is bad, just the ones I had at an amusement park-turned-food-court. Sorry, I forgot the name of the place. I never remember bad places. ;)

Their versions of oyster omelette and popiah, not that good. But their famous white coffee on the other hand, damn good.


The next day and I'm in sunny Kuala Lumpur. This is only my second time in the city. First time was with the guys on a LOTR (Lord of The Rings) game tournament years ago. Luv the street food there. This time, no street food but I did try some of their best-of-hawker food that's under one roof in a mall kinda thing, not unlike our own Food Republic.


The food court is at the basement of the Lot 10 shopping mall. There were so many stalls I wanna try but I was there for only one meal. Hah!




Other quick shots of KL goodies that you may or may not find in Singapore. Great sweeeet french toast with condensed milk and from KL Isetan supermarket, Hershey's Japanese ice-cream choc nut balls and Ginseng Tongkat Ali in a can.




Next post, ship food in all its glorious colors! Leave a tick or comment to let me know what you think! Thanks a gazillion for reading!

5 comments:

Jer Lin said...

i didn't enjoy my meals in penang either as i didn't have time to do prior research before heading there two years back :(

Cavalock said...

Same here, didn't do much research. Am sure there are good food there. btw, there's a new penang food restaurant at suntec, the fountain basement area. Heard its quite ex.

hockstylin said...

KL looks fun, will be heading up there nxt wk!

Cavalock said...

Oh yah, KL was much better than Penang, have fun!

Lin said...

The thing about Penang is that the yummy food are spread out in different places. Next time grab a copy of the food guide from the airport before you embark on your food adventure!