Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Not-So-Big Chill

We’d been having some pretty weird weather lately. It’s exceptionally windy last couple of weeks. Icy, chilly winds in the evening when I'm back from work till morning when I leave. The flash storms have stopped but almost every evening till late at nite, the winds (can they be plural?) have been howling like a buncha banshees. Windows blown shut (and open), things flying around the house, just like in them ghost movies. Actually I’m used to the wind howling, reminds me of my old place when I was like 10 years old, the wind was making all kinds a noises in my folks’ first apartment.

Wonder if anyone else in the country is experiencing it? Some say when it's this 'cold' or windy in January, it's gonna be exceptionally hot later around April.



Anyway, finally gonna open this little beauty up. Got it at duty-free coming back from Hong Kong last year. I couldn't resist it when I read the line ... "A unique blend of premium French Vodka and Gourmet Coffee with a hint of vanilla and creme." Ohhh ... I can see this going into my morning coffee and after dinner ice-cream dessert.

7 comments:

B said...

yeah, atypical weather seems to be happening all over the world. i hear people from all corners of the world talking about how unusual the weather has been, particularly in the last couple of years.

ooh...this café beverage looks so delicious! i love espresso/café martinis...throw lots of ice in a shaker and some of that stuff...shake the hell out of it...mmmmm!

sereneannabelle said...

wow looks goood!! coffee with a tinge of alcohol...i like!

Cavalock said...

b: Yah, weather’s been real screwy…well, on a brighter note, I get to finally wear some of the sweaters and jackets that I bought from Japan. ;)

serendipity: The bottle comes with a little book of drink recipes too!

Anonymous said...

was it tasty???????
we dont have snow this winter, but its been a bit windy too.
take care cavachan! dont catch a cold :)

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

hey, I have observed the same about the chilly winds at night when I go home from work too. I heard this is all part of the El Nino effect so indeed by April it will be sizzling hot! :S

Coffee Fairy v1 said...

P.S. I've tried coffee with tequila before ;o)

Cavalock said...

Niki: It tastes great! Hope your weather is fine.

Coffeefairy: hmmm….Sounds good…