Friday, October 30, 2020

Cavalock and Those Rich, Refreshing and Profound Beer Glasses

This has to be the best damn piece of advertising copy I have read all year. I remember how we used to come up with crap like this to 'entice' or convince folks to buy our clients' products but this guy or gal has almost taken it to the next level! Seriously, I have no idea how true these points are or what kinda science they got to back it up but you gotta appreciate work like this. Hah! 



Late to the party but I'm finally catching up on Lovecraft Country on HBO Max. Between this series and Perry Mason, as far as I'm concerned HBO Max is hitting it out of the park. Only a couple episodes in and I am liking it so far. Never read the book but I have read all of the source material from H.P. Lovecraft's novels to appreciate how they weaved elements of the mythos into a story set in segregated 1950s United States. Fingers crossed for a satisfying conclusion.

And speaking of Lovecraft, picked up the beautifully illustrated manga version of Lovecraft's At The Mountains of Madness, with art by Gou Tanabe. Read the original short story ages ago and I believe Guillermo del Toro was supposed to do a movie version of it.   


No comments: