Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cavalock and The Lego Food Trail

I may never get to own my own restaurant but building these tiny Lego food sets does allow me to indulge in a little culinary creativity. These are a couple of original Lego packs I got last year but never really got around to building them until I bought this cheap but fake Lego floor plate a week ago, which came in the ideal size that I was looking for. The shop had the bootleg plates in different sizes and colours that I don't think are available in a regular Lego store.


The hot dog vendor cart is everything you would hope it to be. Check out the hot dog grill as well as ketchup and mustard bottles. The vendor even comes with a 'worried' expression which is perfect when you set him up with the cats from the picnic table set! By the way, I created a Lego section here if anyone wants to look at my previous Lego posts. Oh, but if you wanna look at real Lego food, check this out.





My Dad told me while he was taking these pix at the Botanic Gardens, the agents from the National Environment Agency were chasing away photographers which I think is ridiculous. I really don't think an 80-year-old man is any threat to the wildlife there. Anyway, here are some of his latest pix.







3 comments:

muchadoabouteating said...

I love all your dad's photos. He is THE role model for active ageing. I had a brush with a ridiculous NEA officer last year too. Had to write in and cc their CEO to eventually resolve the matter. Quite a pain.

red fir said...

Ridiculous! Can't they see it as a hobby?

Cavalock said...

Yah guys, seems like NEA is on the ball nowadays.