Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Comfort Food Pt 1

It's been another crazy week at the office so I figured it's time for some comfort food. Usually if it gets really busy, I'll try to grab some breakfast outside before heading to work, instead of making me own sandwiches like I always do.

Here's what I treat meself for me comfort food, roti prata for breakfast. That's kinda like an Indian flatbread. I used to have 3 of those but now it's just one plain and one with egg. Of cos, you gotta have teh tarik or "pulled" tea to go with it. Here's how Anthony Bourdain describes it, "This Indian tea is brewed from leaves, dosed with condensed milk and then pulled, meaning poured back and forth between pitchers from increasing heights until it is frothy."

5 comments:

Ally said...

love it with cheese and egg, and mushrooms!

B said...

Wow...both the flatbread and tea look and sound wonderful! Comfort food indeed!

By the way, thanks again for all the kind comments you've left on my blog recently, Cavalock. It's been rough going this year and your encouragement and kind thoughts mean so much more than you know!

Richard said...

I love Indian food (Thai as well). Mind you, I don't go for the bread, it is the curries and stuff I want (even for breakfast).

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

wow escapades on stairways huh....? I learn something new about my blogger friends every single day....

Cavalock said...

queen: don't really mine with too many stuff in it.

breal: I got more comfort food coming up!

richard: well, the little dish of gravy/curry that goes with it isn't very hot.

elvina: huh? er, i don't have my breakfast at stairways....