Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cavalock returns to Newton Circus


I know I'll going to sound like a 'mountain turtle' when I say I just made my first trip to the new Newton Circus. When I was a kid, I grew around Newton and I was like there almost every week. Mostly cos of the newsstands there where I would go buy my comic books. But its been like 5 or 6 years now since I stepped back into the place or ate anything from there.

So last week I was there with the guys, I ordered something I always had whenever I'm there. The popiah. Same stall facing the carpark, also sells Chinese satay. Boon Heng? Or something like that. 

Unfortunately it didn't taste as good as before. Another thing I noticed is ... no more newsstands! Not that I was aiming to buy any comic books that nite but was just looking for a little bit of my childhood. Awww man, guess you can't go home again after all. Damn you, Thomas Wolfe!!!

2 comments:

dilutedmagnetics said...

Ermmmm... I've never seen any news stands there leh. LOL!

I didn't know the popiah stall has been there for such a long time, but my colleagues will always order from them.

Cavalock said...

well, not anymore but there used to be 3 or 4 news stands before the reno. i remember walking to newton in the afternoon after school to buy my comics and popiah back then.