Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cavalock and The Sri Hartamas One-Night Stand

So there I was, off to another foreign land! Even it was for a mere 24 hours in Kuala Lumpur to cover a gaming event. Traveling alone is always interesting especially when it comes to looking for food. No plans, no reservations, no maps and often no idea where my next meal will be coming from.


I was in the Sri Hartamas district or township of Kuala Lumpur for a day and prior to that, I had never heard of the place before and decided to look up online about the area. Although there's not much shopping to be done, it's a pretty good or "affluent" neighbourhood with more than a few restaurants and watering holes. Lots of expats too. Kinda reminds of our Holland Village except about three or four times the size I think.


The morning after, my quest for some local breakfast led me to a small and quaint hawker centre. I saw it the previous night on my way back and made a mental note to drop by the next morning. I love street food, its something we don't see anymore here and I think that's a pity. Can hardly go wrong with some KL wanton mee. Not a bad hearty breakfast for only six ringgit. Other breakfast stables I spotted include pork noodles and Penang char kway teow. There was my favourite three-layered tea too but I thought that was way too much gula melaka and evaporated milk for the morning.



A sleepy little slice of KL that I reckon is about a half hour drive to the main city district, well, that's what the concierge told me. And based on my 24-hour stay, I certainly wouldn't mind coming back for a more relaxing stay. What I'm not looking forward to is the hour-long cab ride from the airport. Been ages since I did one of these hit-and-run missions assignments. Heh!

No comments: