Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Cavalock and The Talkshow DJs from LA

I got two boxes of this from my mom when I went over to my folks' place a couple of months ago. Nice and sweet.


Now I don’t listen to much music these days. I been listening to a lot of LA talk radio stations thanks to the itunes radio application. And it has been like a breath of fresh air!!! You can’t imagine how refreshing it is to listen to radio DJs who have opinions, listen to frank and open discussions on almost anything from politics, religion, sex, current affairs, any freakin’ thing. Sure, some of them may be MCPs and I don’t agree with 100% (mebbe bout 90% I agree) of what they are saying but most of the time it’s really entertaining and I like it.

Listening to the people who call in, I’ll say half the population of LA lack any form of common sense whatsoever, total weirdo morons while the other half appear ‘normal’, use their brains, think things through… And there are lots of single parents and young married couples out there too. The talkshow DJs are actually helping these people with common sense and rational decisions. Man, there are really some messed up people out there in sunny California.

Man, I dunno if our local DJs can't speak their minds or they just can't think for themselves...or mebbe just plain dumb...

Well, before switching to the talk shows, I was like totally into the stand-up comedy stations too. Until like after a couple of weeks, you realise you are listening to more and more reruns. I still listen to them but only like an hour a day.

If you are in a vehicle and it’s travelling at the speed of light, and you turn on your lights, does it do anything?

I like to fill my tub up and turn on the shower, then pretend I’m in a submarine that’s been hit.

I bought some powdered water but I dunno what to add.

Why do they say ‘a penny for your thoughts’ when they are ‘two cents worth’? Someone’s making a penny.

Everywhere is within walking distance when you have the time.

I used to work as a narrator for mimes.

I have a huge seashell collection, I had it scattered across the beaches around the world. Maybe you have seen it.

No comments: