Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cavalock and The Mystery of The Osiris Board

While the rest of the island (well, almost the rest) was queuing for a taste of In-N-Out Burger here for the first time, I was busy playing my version of American Pickers. Over the last week, I found me some really old stuff that I had forgotten for ages.


Gosh, I remember playing that Japanese button vehicle game for hours and hours, days and days, weeks and weeks. It totally enthralled little ol' me and I was about the same age as the kid on the box.


The van goes round the track and if you push a colored button on the side, it'll cause the same colored ones on the track to rise and turn the van, if it's on top of it.


The MAD magazine game. I think I only played that game once or twice. All the pieces and everything are still in the box. And no, I really don't see myself or my gaming buddies playing it anytime soon.


The Osiris Board is a really something else all together! It's not a boardgame but a fortune-telling 'device' that promises to predict the future. I did fiddle with it but I don't think I followed the instructions. I kinda did my own thing with it. ;)


And as promised, a selection of classic vintage cheongsam from the 1950s and 60s, belonging to my late mom and aunt. Quite possibly the slimmest ladies in town back then, I believe the outfits are American size 0 or 1. Really.







By the way, check out the floor's mosaic tiles, you sure as hell can't find anything like that anymore!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah! such beautiful dresses! thanks for sharing them. <3

Cavalock said...

Thanks for dropping by! <^;^>

Anonymous said...

Would you ever sell your osiris board?